Mission!

My photo
Columbia, Missouri, United States
We are a forum for women and the LGBTQ community to stand up against street harassment, both physical and verbal. You have the right to feel safe and happy in public spaces without being the target of objectifying, homophobic or plain offensive speech. Don't walk on, Holla Back!

Friday, January 7, 2011

No, actually, we aren't hookers.

My friends and I ( two other girls and a guy) were walking down the street back to my house which was less then a block away) when a shady dude pulled alongside us and beckoned my guy friend over to him. He preceded to ask him "how much for one of your girls" And when our friend told him to fuck off and that we weren't "his girls" or for sale he went on to make kissing noises and tongue rolls at us. It was so fucking infuriating but in situations like this I choke up and I don't know how to react. I want to lash out and scream and fight but I'm always afraid of "starting shit" or getting my ass kicked.

No comments:

Post a Comment